Friday, 22 August 2014

Rip it up and start again...

My 'ceiling pod' was wrong, and as I got further in to it, it became more and more apparent. Something had gone awry with my scaling, and I found some actual blueprints from the set that confirmed this for me (see below). It's one of those parts that is easier to just bin and start a fresh with, as opposed to trying to fix it, so that's what I did. So here's the mark 2...


Tuesday, 19 August 2014

Star Trek Excalibur

I'm sure that just about anyone reading this site will of heard of this game, for for the few that haven't, it's definitely worth checking out.

ST:Excalibur has been in development for a few years now and so far is looking incredible, the devs are clearly working very hard at making a deep, accurate and flexible Star Trek game. I can't wait to get my hands on it when it's released!


Sunday, 17 August 2014

So far so good

There are a few minor flaws that I need to correct but it's definitely on the right track.


The ceiling pod...

I've decided to stop being a wimp and just tackle it head on. I haven't touched this project in a while because I've known that sooner or later it'd come down to this part, which is far more complex to model than it looks. I'm going for it though, wish me luck.


P.S. If anyone has any official measurements or scans from the set blueprints for this part (or any part of voyagers bridge really), I'd be very interested in seeing them ;)